California Bankruptcy Lawyers Giving You the Facts
The credit industry wants to discourage debtors from filing for bankruptcy protection. In an effort to collect on debts, creditors can be aggressive and frequently try to frighten hardworking people. At Simon Resnik Hayes LLP, we want to make sure those in financial distress understand the truth about filing bankruptcy.
From our offices in Los Angeles and Sherman Oaks, our firm has helped thousands of clients get the debt relief they need through Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. During a free initial consultation, our lawyers will meet with you and answer all your questions about bankruptcy and how it can affect your life. Do not let the credit industry scare you. Get the facts.
Did You Know?
Here is some information you may not know about bankruptcy:
- Recent bankruptcy laws are not as restrictive as you might think — While it is true that these laws created more steps and paperwork for bankruptcy filings, these changes will most likely affect your bankruptcy attorney more than they affect you.
- A majority of individuals who file for bankruptcy do not lose any of their belongings — Creditors would like you to believe that if you file bankruptcy, you will lose your house, your car and all your personal belongings. The truth is that a majority of petitioners retain all their property.
- After you file bankruptcy, creditor harassment must stop— Once you file, an automatic stay goes into effect, prohibiting creditors from contacting you.
- You have the power to stop a home foreclosure — Filing bankruptcy halts all foreclosure actions, giving you room to breathe.
- You can rebuild your credit — Once your debt is discharged, you will be able to work on repairing your credit score. Many people get approved for a secured credit card or loan within a year after filing bankruptcy. You may even have the ability to avoid high interest rates.
- Many people filing bankruptcy are good people who have fallen on hard times — The credit industry would like you to believe that only deadbeats file bankruptcy. However, a large number of petitioners got into financial trouble because of job loss, divorce or unforeseen medical expenses.
- Bankruptcy offers the best solution to obtain a fresh start after suffering from a financial hardship — Bankruptcy is usually a one-time, one-fee proposition. Your fresh start begins immediately after filing.
Debt Solutions for Clients in Southern California · Se habla español
To learn more about bankruptcy and how it impacts people who file, meet with our experienced attorneys. Call 310-598-7365 or 888-368-4099, or contact us online to schedule a free consultation today.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.