Stop Garnishments and Tax Liens

Most creditors will aggressively seek payment for debts. If you are unable to pay, they may file a lawsuit and obtain a court order allowing them to garnish your wages or bank account. That means they can take payments directly out of your paycheck or account. If you are suffering from a garnishment, consult with an attorney about your options.

At Simon Resnik Hayes LLP, we help clients stop wage garnishments and tax liens by filing either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Our attorneys have extensive experience helping clients throughout Southern California keep their hard-earned money and find the debt relief they deserve. Let us help you.

The Automatic Stay

If you are already experiencing financial problems, garnishment can make it even more difficult for you to support yourself and your family. By filing either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you have the power to stop the action.

When you file bankruptcy, the court issues an automatic stay. This stops nearly all creditor collection actions, including garnishments. No longer able to withdraw money from your paycheck or bank account, your creditors will need to communicate with your lawyer to discuss repayment options.

Los Angeles Wage Garnishment Lawyer

A garnishment does not happen overnight. When a creditor files a lawsuit against you, you will be notified. At this time, it is important to consult with an experienced attorney who can explain how you can protect yourself. Failure to respond to the court notice can result in a default judgment against you, allowing the garnishment to take place.

Contact Simon Resnik Hayes LLP

We can help you stop a garnishment immediately so you are paid in full by your employer. The sooner you take action on your behalf, the better off you will be. Contact our firm to schedule a free initial consultation at our office in Los Angeles or Sherman Oaks. For your convenience, we offer payment plans. Spanish language services are available.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.